You are starting a home business and have decided to build a web site. You have tons of ideas for what you want your site to look like, but if you build it will it sell? In other words you must build a site that will be effective in getting visitors to this site and getting them to give you their money. Here are some essential tips for building a good business web site.
1) Make sure your site has a professional appearance. Your site will be judged on the site’s appearance, check out your competition to see how your site measures up. If your design is bad your visitors will not stay long.
2) Make information accessible- do not make your visitors hunt for information they need, make it clear to them on how to get the information. Make sure the information is no more than a click away.
3) Have your visitors Sign-Up for a newsletter -have some way for your visitors to sign up for your newsletter. The best way to accomplish this is to have them opt-in through a form. This is one of the best ways to start a list of customers. Having it and opt-in newsletter is one of the best ways to build trust and a good following. Put good content and information in the newsletter along with the occasional freebie. This will keep the customer coming back for more and hopefully they will tell their friends.
4) Make your site sell -your site must contain your best items in highly visible areas to maximize your sales. Also some good call to action content is also essential to help sell your products.
5) Allow people to give you feedback – people like it when they are able to give feedback on what they would like to see on the site. Also make it easy for customers to ask questions and leave comments. This allows you to be able to give your customers what they need or want. This feature is essential for keeping good in fresh content on your site.
The above tips will give you a good start on building a business web site and hopefully save you some time in the process. Building a web site is not always the toughest part is getting visitors to your site and keeping them. Make sure to have good content and information on your site a you will keep the visitors coming back.